POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1 : Re: Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 8 May 2006 11:17:03
Message: <445f60ef$1@news.povray.org>
Hmmm... The intention is good. But it requires still a lot of more work. I
assume that you use randomly positioned boxes, and just in simple gray
color.

I think, your station or ship should consist of surface structures and
interior structures. And give a certain esthetic to your design. Moreover,
if you want to continue using these blocks, equip them with surface details
(not only textures, but individual additional shapes). Don't have all the
boxes being rotated around their own axes (but have them still randomly
positioned), but give them a common direction. Let's say, have their front
sides pointing all together to one common direction. Use textures. Use
lighted windows. Do not use very colorful green or red or yellow "mini suns"
on their surface, that destroys the serious approach your station or ship
otherwise could have.

Look, if you like, to these "SF: Previews 11+: Imperial Carrier" images to
get more ideas.

Continue, POVMAN, because we are eager to see your ships and stations!

Best greetings,

Sven